What can a member expect from AAH?
We are united by our desire to remain in our own homes as we get older, but we are also aware that we may increasingly need assistance and support.
AAH coordinates volunteers to help members with services that assist them to live comfortably in their own homes and community as long as possible as they age.
By organizing and consolidating a wide range of resources, services and programs in one place, AAH offers a unique “one-call” approach to serving members.
All a member has to do to request a service is leave a message on the AAH phone and within a few days a volunteer will contact you to confirm the day and time they will be there to answer your request. Although most of your needs can be fulfilled by our volunteers, if the task requires specialized training, AAH will provide the names of member-suggested professionals in the area (sometimes at a discount to members). We follow up afterwards to ensure the service was satisfactory.
Here is a just partial list of services members can expect:
- Manage your household. Get access to: handymen, peer-to-peer computer help, delivery of groceries or prescriptions, an occasional cooked meal or light housekeeping, someone to walk your dog, home visits, change smoke alarm batteries in your home.
- Stay active and healthy. Benefit from programs designed for fun, learning and socializing: informal get-togethers for pot lucks, conversation and sharing; discussion groups; local outings; health and wellness programs and lectures.
- Ask for a ride. Members can ask for transportation to an event or an appointment, the grocery store or to visit a friend anywhere in Ashland or Talent that you want to go. Volunteers also take members to medical appointments and the airport in Medford.
- Two-person household – $600/year
- One-person household – $500/year
Want to learn more about AAH and how to become a member? Let us know how to contact you and we’ll contact you to set up a meeting in your home with 1-2 people on the Membership Committee.